The 17th ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming
September 9 – 15, 2012
There are several ways that students may receive support for participation in the conference.
The ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) sponsored by Microsoft;(The submission deadline has passed.)
- The SIGPLAN PAC funds: supports travel, accommodation, and registration for students who have a paper (deadline passed);
- NSF support: for students who are US citizens or permanent residents (to be confirmed);
- Volunteering at the conference: attend for two days or more, work for the conference 50% of the time, receive free registration.
- The Caml Consortium sponsors travel, accommodation, and registration for the OCaml Users and Developers Workshop.
You can apply for PAC funding through the SIGPLAN website. You can apply even if you are not an ACM member, as further funding sources are available. Be sure to earmark it with ICFP and include the following information in the comments field:
- (a) Which program / programs are you applying to?
- (b) Are you a Speaker (at which event) or Student Volunteer?
- (c) Will you be able to attend the conference if we can't fund you?
- (d) Are you a US citizen or Permanent resident?
Students who are supported will be asked to write a two-part conference report that will appear as two blog entries, one before the conference and the other after the conference.