The 19th ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming
Student Volunteer Program
Sign up to be a Student Volunteer and help us make ICFP 2014 a unique experience for all attendants!
ICFP is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, helping the registration desk, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master's, Ph.D. full- or part-time students, of computer science or related fields.
Applicants must be available for at least three (3) full days between 31st of August and the 6th of September 2014 in order to offer 16 hours of volunteering work. Note that we will prioritise students who will be available the full week. Naturally presentations etc. at workshops and technical sessions take precedence.
- A Complimentary Conference Registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Free conference banquet ticket.
- An ICFP 2014 Student Volunteers T-shirt.
- Please note that ICFP 2014 Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation. The conference organisers will do their best to provide affordable accommodation for student volunteers, for example in student housing.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2014
Initial Acceptance and Reserve List announcement: 30th June 2014
The ICFP 2014 Program for Student Volunteers gives full- or part-time university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to premier international conference covering all areas of design implementation, principles and uses of functional programming. As an ICFP 2014 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics and developers from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world. The skills, talents and dedication of the Student Volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the Conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the Conference management and Registration staff.
- Helping and directing other Conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the Conference functions and social events. This also includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as manning the information and registration desks.
A Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills,
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the conference,
- Be reliable, punctual and organized,
- Be a self-starter.
How to apply
To be considered as a Student Volunteer for the ICFP 2014 Conference, you need to send an email to Ramona Enache email@example.com with the following information:
- Your full name.
- Your email address.
- Your program of study, current status and year in the cycle, and current affiliation (university and/or laboratory).
- Contact information to your supervisor or director of study (name and email address).
- Special Food requirements (i.e Vegetarian, vegan, food allergies etc).
- Date(s) you are available to work (preferably the entire week).
- A short description of yourself and your motivation for attending ICFP 2014.
All applications received by June 15th, 2014 will be reviewed and volunteers selected will be notified by June 30th, 2014. A reserve list will also be drawn up upon applications received by the preliminary registration deadline, but not initially selected.
If you have any questions, please send them via email to Ramona Enache. We are looking forward to receiving your application and seeing you at ICFP 2014!
- Local information
- Affiliated events
- Student Research Competition
- Student Volunteer Program
- Student Attendance Programs
- Call for papers
- Call for workshop proposals
- Programming contest
- More about ICFP
- Industrial partners