The 20th ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming
Student Volunteer Program
Sign up to be a Student Volunteer and help us make ICFP 2015 a unique experience for all attendants!
ICFP is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, helping the registration desk, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
The Student Volunteer Program helps more students attend the ICFP conference by covering conference fees (but not travel or lodging expenses) in exchange for a fixed number of work hours (usually from 8 to 12) helping with the conference organization (registration and information desks, assistance during talk sessions, etc.).
The Student Volunteer registration covers:
- Access to all workshops and the main conference,
- Daily lunches and coffee breaks,
- Access to social events, including the banquet.
To apply as a Student Volunteers, please send an email to Gabriel Scherer and Felipe Bañados Schwerter at email@example.com with the following information:
- your name
- your affiliation
- your program of study and current year of study
- the name and email of your supervisor, or (if you don't have a supervisor yet) a professor that would recommend you
- the time period between Sunday, August 30 and Saturday, September 5 where you are sure to be available
- a list of workshops you would not mind attending
- author information: tell us if you're presenting something during the conference, or are co-author from a paper
- application information: tell us if you're applying to other student ICFP attendance programs
- past SV positions: where and when you have already been a Student Volunteer before
All applications received by June 15th, 2014 will be reviewed and volunteers selected will be notified by June 30th, 2015.
- Local information
- Affiliated events
- Student Research Competition
- Student Volunteer Program
- Call for papers
- Student Attendance Programs
- Call for workshop proposals
- Programming contest
- More about ICFP
- Industrial partners